DescriptionHide Reviews Show Reviews
FoamCoat is a non-toxic, water-based coating for styrofoam and polystyrene foam, as well as other surfaces. It provides a hard, durable finish that resists chipping and cracking, yet can be sanded smooth or carved to add detailing. FoamCoat can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including foam, primed wood, concrete block, primed fiberglass, papier mâché, muslin and many other materials. FoamCoat is fully compatible with all Rosco Scenic Paints used either as colorants or as surface coatings. FoamCoat is flame retardant and water resistant.
Comes in a Gallon bucket.
Excellent for use as a protective coating for many types of foam projects. Especially useful on foam scenery or props that receive physical abuse or need to last for extended tours. It can also be used as a texturing agent that is more durable and not as brittle as plaster or joint compound.
- Off-white, matte finish.
- Apply by brush, roller, or hopper spray gun depending on the desired finish.
- Coating Instructions:
- The thickness of the coating is determined by the application. When coating over fine details, use successive thin coats to build up a protective layer without obscuring the details. For an extra smooth finish without sanding, smooth the coated surfa
- FoamCoat is compatible with most water-based coatings and is easily painted or tinted. Tint FoamCoat using Supersaturated Roscopaint or a colorant like Proline, Mixol, Universal or Cal Tints. It is not necessary to prime FoamCoat before painting.
- Stir well. Due to the weight of the solids in FoamCoat settling may occur. Use a power mixing blade for best results.
- Use FoamCoat undiluted for most durable single coat application. FoamCoat may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating.
- Varies with application. Approximately 150 sq. ft. per gallon (14 sq. m. per 3.79L).
- Film Thickness:
- Varies with application. 1/16" - 3/16" per application.
- Avg. Dry Time:
- Varies with thickness of coating. Approximately 2-8 hours. Allow 24 hours to be completely dry to the touch.
- Soap and water.
- Shelf Life:
- Minimum 24 months.
- Do not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50Â°F (10Â°C). Keep from freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Surface Preparation
- All surfaces should be clean and dry, free of dust and grease before application.
- Wood & Plastic:
- Clean and prime surface with Rosco Tough Prime before applying FoamCoat.
- Difficult Materials:
- For particularly difficult materials, lightly sand surface to give it more "tooth" before applying FoamCoat.
Shipping & ReturnsHide Reviews Show Reviews
We offer free ground shipping on most items for orders $220 and over, $15 for flate rate ground shipping on orders from $109 to $219.99, and $9 flat rate ground shipping on most items for orders under $109. *paints, liquids, and large volume items like boom bases (very heavy) or fake snow (not heavy, but very large) may incur a shipping surcharge. Exclusion of items from Free and Flat Rate shipping is at ProAdv's discretion. Offer is currently limited to Lower 48 US States.
We ship to North American addresses. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, or even certain states depending on the item and state or local laws.Our full policy is in our Terms and Conditions page.
Same Day Shipping Cutoff time
Online orders received by noon Eastern time typically ship the same day. If your delivery due date is critical please note your due date in the order messages at checkout, and then contact us.
Why Noon? Well, while we stock quite a few items in our warehouse, many items we have dropshipped by our vendors. They need time to process the order, so to ensure that we can get the order to the vendor and give them enough time to ship it out the same day, we need to get the order to them as early as possible in the day.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight and dimension based, as this is the method that FedEx and UPS use to rate the package's cost to ship.
We understand things happen and items occasionally need to be returned. To make things as hassle-free as possible, we have dedicated pages about our Returns Policy (what’s eligible to be returned) and our Return Process (how to go about returning eligible items)