DescriptionHide Reviews Show Reviews
Rosco FlexCoat is a non-toxic, water-based coating for polyurethane foam, Styrofoam and ethafoam, as well as other surfaces. Its 100% acrylic formulation provides excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates. FlexCoat contains no plasticizers, so will not become brittle with age or exterior exposure. It is compatible with Rosco Scenic and UV Paints used either as tints or surface coatings. FlexCoat is weather resistant and provides a Class "A" fire rating over most substrates.
- Apply by brush, roller or sprayer. Stir well each time. Thinning is possible but not recommended as it reduces the ability to get a heavy film with good vertical hold. Surfaces must be uniformly coated and free from voids to assure flame retardance.
- Suggested Use:
- Great for use as a flexible protective coating over all types of foam. It is useful on foam scenery/props which undergo excessive handling. Goes on concrete, primed metal and wood. Does not add significant additional weight to the finished product.
- Surface Preparation:
- All surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dust and grease before application.
- Varies with application method and substrate. Approximately 250-300 square feet (23-28 square metres).
- Avg. Dry Time:
- Varies with thickness of coating, temperature and humidity. Approximately 1-8 hours. Allow 24 hours for complete cure.
- Soap and water
- Shelf Life:
- Minimum 12 months
- Do not apply when surface or air temperature is below 50Â°F (10Â°C). Protect against freezing. Flexcoat will freeze and become unuseable at temperatures below 32Â°F (0Â°C). Do not take internally. Use with adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF C
Shipping & ReturnsHide Reviews Show Reviews
We offer free ground shipping on most items for orders $300 and over, $20 for flate rate ground shipping on orders from $150 to $299.99, and $14 flat rate ground shipping on most items for orders under $149.99. *paints, liquids, and large volume items like boom bases (very heavy) or fake snow (not heavy, but very large) may incur a shipping surcharge. Exclusion of items from Free and Flat Rate shipping is at ProAdv's discretion. Offer is currently limited to Lower 48 US States.
We ship to North American addresses. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, or even certain states depending on the item and state or local laws.Our full policy is in our Terms and Conditions page.
Pandemic Availability Notice
Please Note: Due to unprecedented raw material and component shortages for finished goods throughout our industry, lead times for items that aren't currently in stock are longer than normal and cannot be guaranteed at present. Equipment needed by a firm date must be noted at time of order. While VLS cannot guarantee delivery by those dates, we will work with our suppliers to do everything possible to meet deadlines. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Same Day Shipping Cutoff time
(Due to Pandemic-related availability issues, this policy is currently suspended)
Online orders received by noon Eastern time typically ship the same day. If your delivery due date is critical please note your due date in the order messages at checkout, and then contact us.
Why Noon? Well, while we stock quite a few items in our warehouse, many items we have dropshipped by our vendors. They need time to process the order, so to ensure that we can get the order to the vendor and give them enough time to ship it out the same day, we need to get the order to them as early as possible in the day.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight and dimension based, as this is the method that FedEx and UPS use to rate the package's cost to ship.
We understand things happen and items occasionally need to be returned. To make things as hassle-free as possible, we have dedicated pages about our Returns Policy (what’s eligible to be returned) and our Return Process (how to go about returning eligible items)