DescriptionHide Reviews Show Reviews
Rosco Tough Prime is a unique water-based primer with special properties that allow it to bond to the hard-to-prime materials found in every scene shop. Available in White and Black, Tough Prime covers many surfaces, including PVC plastics, aluminum and other metals, foams and plastics, muslin, wood, and foamcore. This quick drying acrylic primer dries to a durable, water-resistant coating which can be painted over with virtually any paint, water or solvent based.
Use Tough Prime White (Satin Finish) to prepare almost any surface for painting. Tough Prime can be used to prime Vinyl Projection Screen and Dance Floor, even carpet.
Use Tough Prime Black (Egg-Shell Finish) is perfect for stage floors and proscenium arches, resisting scuffs and abrasions while providing a rich black finish.
- White: Satin, Black: Egg-Shell
- Binder Type:
- Acrylic polymer
- Use Tough Prime undiluted for most applications. When applying by brush, it may be necessary to dilute with water to achieve the proper viscosity.
- Surface Preparation:
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. If painting over an existing paint finish, remove any loose material with a brush. When painting over solvent based finishes, or high gloss surfaces, use fine sandpaper or steel wool to giv
- Stir contents before use. Do not shake. Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply in even, uniform coats, using a good quality brush or roller. Use overlapping strokes, keeping a wet edge. Change roller direction often to avoid patterns and streaki
- Tough Prime is compatible with Rosco Scenic Paints and most other paints as well. Always test before using if unsure. Tough Prime can be tinted using Supersaturated Rosco Scenic Paint, colorants and other water-based paints.
- Film Thickness:
- 3 mil. Dry Film
- Approximately 300 sq. ft. per gallon (28 sq. m. per 3.79L), depending on application method and substrate.
- Avg. Dry Time:
- At 75Â°F (24Â°C) Dries to the touch in 30-45 minutes. Can be re-coated in 1-2 hours.
- Soap and water.
- Shelf Life:
- Minimum 24 months.
- Do not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50Â°F (10Â°C). Keep from freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Shipping & ReturnsHide Reviews Show Reviews
We offer free ground shipping on most items for orders $109 and over, for a limited time. $9 flat rate ground shipping on most items for orders under $109. *paints, liquids, and large volume items like boom bases (very heavy) or fake snow (not heavy, but very large) may incur a shipping surcharge. Exclusion of items from Free and Flat Rate shipping is at ProAdv's discretion. Offer is currently limited to Lower 48 US States.
We ship to North American addresses. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, or even certain states depending on the item and state or local laws.Our full policy is in our Terms and Conditions page.
Same Day Shipping Cutoff time
Online orders received by noon Eastern time typically ship the same day. If your delivery due date is critical please note your due date in the order messages at checkout, and then contact us.
Why Noon? Well, while we stock quite a few items in our warehouse, many items we have dropshipped by our vendors. They need time to process the order, so to ensure that we can get the order to the vendor and give them enough time to ship it out the same day, we need to get the order to them as early as possible in the day.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight and dimension based, as this is the method that FedEx and UPS use to rate the package's cost to ship.
We understand things happen and items occasionally need to be returned. To make things as hassle-free as possible, we have dedicated pages about our Returns Policy (what’s eligible to be returned) and our Return Process (how to go about returning eligible items)