DescriptionHide Reviews Show Reviews
Guidelines For Your Custom Gobo Order
- The Fixtures - The fixture you use will determine the size of the gobo you need. Rosco can manufacture glass or metal gobos to fit virtually any automated or stationary light. To be sure you get a gobo that fits your fixture, it's best to let us know when you place your order, the manufacturer and model number of the lighting instrument in which the gobo(s) will be used.
- Logistical Details - How many gobos do you need? (Do you want an extra for backup (add another gobo to your cart, select the duplicate option). When do you need the gobos (more specifically, when is the "drop-dead" date since invariably custom gobos are rush jobs!)
- Best Choice for line-art and text (vector art): Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- EPS Files (.eps)
- Formats listed below the photographic images sections
- Best Choice for photographic images (rasterized art): Adobe Photoshop (.psd, .eps)
- TIFF Files (.tif)
- TIFFs should be Photoshop created, layered file and unlocked.
- JPG (.jpg) - If you will be submitting jpg files, make sure to submit a file that is 2x the size of the finished gobo.
- Please do not send:
- CAD Files
- .GIF Formatted Files
- Word Documents (.doc)
- Notes on PDF Documents (.pdf)
- PDF files are usually created from good art files such as above but have been converted from the original file to pdf so that a client or customer can open it. If you have an art file you can't open due to format, send us this file first. We are happy to then convert it for you to an easier format for you to see the art as well. This helps us to get the best art possible and to keep it from being down graded to lesser art quality.
Image Size and Resolution Guidelines:
If you are working in Adobe Illustrator, this section is irrelevant to you.
Custom Steel Gobos should have a resolution of 150 dpi or higher, and at least 381 px by 381 px. We recommend the files be 700px by 700px or larger.
Shipping & ReturnsHide Reviews Show Reviews
We offer free ground shipping on most items for orders $300 and over, $20 for flate rate ground shipping on orders from $150 to $299.99, and $14 flat rate ground shipping on most items for orders under $149.99. *paints, liquids, and large volume items like boom bases (very heavy) or fake snow (not heavy, but very large) may incur a shipping surcharge. Exclusion of items from Free and Flat Rate shipping is at ProAdv's discretion. Offer is currently limited to Lower 48 US States.
We ship to North American addresses. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, or even certain states depending on the item and state or local laws.Our full policy is in our Terms and Conditions page.
Pandemic Availability Notice
Please Note: Due to unprecedented raw material and component shortages for finished goods throughout our industry, lead times for items that aren't currently in stock are longer than normal and cannot be guaranteed at present. Equipment needed by a firm date must be noted at time of order. While VLS cannot guarantee delivery by those dates, we will work with our suppliers to do everything possible to meet deadlines. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Same Day Shipping Cutoff time
(Due to Pandemic-related availability issues, this policy is currently suspended)
Online orders received by noon Eastern time typically ship the same day. If your delivery due date is critical please note your due date in the order messages at checkout, and then contact us.
Why Noon? Well, while we stock quite a few items in our warehouse, many items we have dropshipped by our vendors. They need time to process the order, so to ensure that we can get the order to the vendor and give them enough time to ship it out the same day, we need to get the order to them as early as possible in the day.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight and dimension based, as this is the method that FedEx and UPS use to rate the package's cost to ship.
We understand things happen and items occasionally need to be returned. To make things as hassle-free as possible, we have dedicated pages about our Returns Policy (what’s eligible to be returned) and our Return Process (how to go about returning eligible items)